About the Role
This is a 20hr a week, including a Sundays, 2 year fixed contract role based in Taradale, Napier. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Children and Families Pastor to join the ministry team of our long-standing and deeply rooted church community in Napier. We are seeking a person with a deep love of the church and a real sense of call to see the gift, beauty and blessing the church holds handed on to another generation.
Some of the skills/abilities that will make a difference in this position are:
· A clear call from God into ministry with Children and Families.
· A heart for Children and seeing them engage with Jesus.
· A love for families – Able to get alongside to lead and inspire, build relationships and trust.
· Sensitivity and respect towards cultural differences and family makeup.
· Have the gift of leadership as part of his/her spiritual gift-mix, demonstrated leadership
· Abilities and proven experience of team leadership and delegation
· To be self-motivated with great interpersonal skills to be able to motivate others and communicate well across a range of ages and nationalities.
· Have confidence, energy and a warm personality.
· Be well organised to manage a range of events.
· To be diligent in prayer, to seek God’s direction for the Children and Families ministries.
· Take initiatives to grow in spiritual maturity and leadership
· Experience in ministry to children and families whether paid or volunteer.
· Experience working with children and with teaching and resourcing.
· Some formal training in Children and Families Ministry, Theology or Christian Leadership (avenues for undertaking this while on team are available and generous)
Please visit our website www.waiapuanglicans.org.nz to view the position description.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your CV and cover letter, addressed to Rev. Alan Burnett
Applications close 5pm Saturday, 24 February.
Applicants must have NZ residency or a current valid NZ work visa.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake Police vetting.
About the Company
We are a community committed to proclaiming the gospel to another generation and are looking to invest heavily in ministry to the first thirds of life. The Children and Families Pastor will be a core part of this work, developing and resourcing ministries, equipping teams and leading children and their families in faith development. We are seeking a team-building leader who will help us to grow what we have already started and plan that which God is calling us to do.